Tag Archives: wordpress

WP 2.7b3

WordPress 2.7 beta 3 was released this weekend, with significant improvements over the previous beta.

WordPress 2.7 brings a fresh new admin backend with a number of great features and improvements. The following screencast showcases some of the best features.

via WordPress 2.7 beta 3 screencast | Geekie.org.

I’ve just upgraded and am more and more impressed. Have a look at the screencast or the changes list above if you’re curious.

[A prodigal return to LJ … posts haven’t been posted to the old LJ since 2005 so I figured I would activate Live+Press to see if it will actually sync up my wordpress dealy and get things moving again. If this actually appears I suppose it works. (fingers crossed) … if seen … then it’s hiatus abateus!]

WP 2.7b2

Wow! Just installed the latest beta. The Dashboard interface is incredibly improved. It’s so incredibly professional I can’t believe it. All the 2.6.3 plugins worked pretty well too … well, the DB lost some php code which I have to go through tomorrow, but overall it’s very impressive for a beta. It looks like it even has an auto-update feature so no more manual upgrades (yeah, I know they were easy, but … still). Also apparent is the native ability to decide what page everything starts at … AND a sticky post to the front page. All built in!

New WordPress

I’ve been updating this blog on a new server. I haven’t for a long time but the host is getting rid of the old stuff and the deadline is approaching fast. Unfortunately there is no way for them to do the migration for me so I’ve been having to delve into the intricacies of SQL and the new Solaris (which is totally new to me – last time I did such a thing it was in transition between SunOS and Solaris). I get something working and then it turns out that old SQL defaulted to Latin1 encoding with Swedish for some bizarre reason and nowadays things want to be utf8 collation. You cannot just do a command to switch. It involves a total database conversion to binary table by table with different commands for each field. Then another such conversion from “BLOB” to utf8! God! This, of course is the least important of anything because I gotta do the mail server and procmail configuration and all this too before swapping DNS setting. Oh well. At least this is a post. I’ll try to back fill the last bit so it’s not quite so sparse. Ta.